Thursday, December 20, 2007

Five days to Christmas....

I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm cell phone, then I went back to sleep. Nine minutes later the alarm snooze again ……. and, again I went back to sleep...my eyes just refused to open and it was so freezing cold in my room which didn't help at all. I woke up after looking at the time and seeing that I needed to leave for work within 55 minutes or I'd be late !

I got up and looked out at the back of the garden and everything was covered in a thin white frost. For just one second I thought 'Oh it was so beautiful‘ but then I was a bit nervous about whether I could cope with the cold without any winter gloves and hat. After I had my shower and breakfast, I asked my landlord, David, if I can borrow his leather brown gloves as I knew the ones that I had borrowed before weren't thick enough to keep my fingers warm. Kindly enough he let me. When I left home it was minus 3 and it was just so so cold. I could feel the cold wind blowing against my face...and my ears felt hurt and cold...I should have put a hat on!!

I was quite surprised how quiet the shop is today - I thought as the festive season is approaching plus the school holidays it was going to be busy, but it isn't - maybe this weekend it's gonna be crowded...? We shall have to wait and see.

I finished work at 1 PM today then I decided to get myself a pair of gloves - I went to Burton’s and bought a dark grey pair. I hope that well keep my fingers warm and smooth hahahaha...Done my Christmas cards today...and posted them...YOU know who you are.... It might be a bit late but I just hope it will get there on time or if it isn't I 'thought' at least I've sent them hehe - So for those of you who didn't receive, it is either I don't have your addresses or I might have missed them. I am sorry for that but here’s wishing you all a very Merry Christmas in advance...hehehe.


I don't feel like cooking today so we have decided to have a Chinese delivery from the 'Shangri-La restaurant'. We have ordered from them quite a few times and to be frank, they are not a bad meal at all hehe. So I would recommend it to any of you IF you not 'too' fussy about food hehehe. After gaining some energy we started to move things around --- Or Vin said 'Humpa Lumpa' hahahaha --- still there are a few things that need to be changed including the decor but well we will get a few more days before Christmas arrives.

No comments: