Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Got my second Hep B shot...


It's my day off today, this is the only time I can rest and do all my chores, it was a bit more difficult than usual because we had 'Pip' (My landlord's friend dog) for a week and can you imagine 'How much fur around the house'.........It's not that I don't like dogs... I love dogs especially if they are little puppies hehe.. they are so adorable but it's a hard work and need a commitment just like having a 'real baby' hehehe...

But 'Pip' is such a lovely dog, very friendly, he's quite calm and easy and completely non-aggressive.. Surprisingly, I've never heard him bark hahaha..Not sure if that is a good sign or bad..I just take it as he is a special one. Different from others - He's returned to his owner now...It felt a bit different not having him around but on the other hand, it is good not having him staring at you with his mouth dripping while you are having your meals...hahaha...Bless him!

I spent my day doing cleaning and washing up today - Cleaning is one of those chores that we all have to do despite, some of them might hire a cleaner to do it...Lucky them!...I never really enjoy it..but it keeps the house clean and tidy...So I can't complaint hehehehe ...eventually it's all done and it felt like home again...yahoo!!

I hope there are much easier, faster and less painful way to do it hehehee..

Late afternoon I bike to Kingston Hospital to get my Hepatitis B booster. It took me about an hour to get there lucky the weather is good but still very, very chilly - The nurse who did it was a new trainee, amazingly she did a good job - It didn't hurt me at all..She said I 'might' need to come again sixth month after but they will let me know..I don't see why I need to come back again in sit months time...but if it is for my health then why not?

Then, I rode bike back home. It's getting late and less traffic but it was so freezing cold. I had my gloves on which I had borrowed from my landlord David. One is black and the other is grey but I still barely felt the cold on my fingers but my ears were growing numb!! At last, I got home at about 9'ish. Gotta keep myself warm!!!!

FYI, Hepatitis B, sometimes called Hep B or HBV, is a virus that is carried in the blood which infects and damages the liver. Hep B can be caused by a number of things including; drinking too much alcohol (the most common cause of liver damage), a virus infection, such as Hep B, the side effects of some drugs and chemicals and, the body's own immune system - a liver disease called 'autoimmune Hepatitis.

So, for those of you haven't get the vaccine I suggest you get the shot! Hehehe..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.